Sunday, April 22, 2007

Rudolf the red nose reindeer. The Dog

Rudolf our/my dog was so named because of his red-nose when he was a pup. He was the cutest, cubbiest mostlovable pup ever. He wore a light tan fur with a black muzzle holding a pinkish nose. I have had a love hate relation with Rudolf.

Rudolf grew up to be the scrawniest and skinniest dog with an ATTITUDE. His head was of the size as when he was a young pup.........it never grew.

This character was chained right outside my bedroom which is next to the porch. By virtue of its seniority, regrettably, hewas placed on guard duty.

Every other night, in the death of the night, he would be barking ferociously at the lizard sticking up on the ceiling. Lizards are deaf,I supposed, it was oblivious to all ranting made by Rudolf, this went on for months. I did not sleep well having to wake up nowand then to shout at Rudolf.

It never occur to me that all I have to do was to switch off the porch light . I did, finally, and slept the most beautiful sleep thathad eluded me for a long time.

For almost a week, I slept like a baby till one night ; Rudolf started barking ferociously again, suspecting burglers.............I went out armed with a long stick. Not a soul in sight and all I found was a frog. I shoved it away, went back to sleep like a baby...........froggy came back !!!... next night .......night after next ......... friday, saturday, sunday...................................night after night

I have had not a good night sleep for a long long time ......... if it is not for froggy .......... a grasshopper.........or an ant possiblywill come visiting !!

It was fifteen years since ....this nightmare ......I shall continue when I regain the strenght.....my composure.
I MISS RUDOLF.

P/s. Rudolf's nose turn black after a few weeks .

No comments: