Sunday, May 31, 2009

So Sad.







On the eve (Sunday 24th.) of Trusty’s operation.....I patted her...I stroked her forehead gently......I looked forlornly into her eyes.....she gazed back knowingly....sadly....and she licked my hand. ..............................................................This is the first time....I touched her.
...............the first time that I stroke her lovingly......and spoke softly ...Love to her.

[I love dogs but I rarely touch them...almost never.....I did carry the old “Lucky” once when she was hurt.....but that’s about it.]

We sent Trusty to the Vet on Monday 25th. at 10.30am.....Dr. Kanda was there waiting..
......I didn’t get to say goodbye to Trusty as there weren’t any parking space.

That same evening, Dr. Kanda called to inform us that the operation was successful and that we could take Trusty home. She was so happy to see us and couldn’t wait to get home.

Trusty recuperated very well....her wound healed nicely....Sam nursed her lovingly...
....Whisky served her extra portion of meat ....the Children took turns to watch over her
....and I looked at her lovingly each time I pass by her....she brought joy to my heart when she’s up to her antics...

......by Wednesday ...Trusty is up and raring to go trekking with us .....we left her a home on the Dr.’s advice: “Let the wound heal completely for a week”.........She was making a lot of noise.....a sign that she is well.

Yesterday, Friday 29th....the Children noticed a lump immediately above the operated area....I asked Sam about it.....She told me that it appeared 2 days ago...when she was cleaning the wound for her and it had since grown larger.....and there is another lump on her leg.

[ I felt so sad.......Dr. Kanda says that sometimes the tumors strike back with vengeance.]

Trusty quiet down ...I felt a tinge of sadness every time I talk about her...every time I pass her.....I am crying silently now that I am writing about her.

I ma going the pat her later...........this time longer....and more frequent.

6 comments:

Kris Ngoei said...

A touchy slice of life... Keep me updated about Trusty... :-)

Regards
Kris

7578 said...

hi, where was the lump initially?

7578 said...

hey i gave u an award
http://iinuu.blogspot.com/2009/05/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Jenny said...

I am so sorry about this! How sad! How is Trusty doing now?

Take care,

Jenny

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Hope Trusty is improving. ♥

Cassandra Bakotic said...

Trusty sounds to be a good dog. I hope she gets better! (This is Tornadostar from DeviantArt.) Does she have cancer? :(