Saturday, December 26, 2009

Money..money..Money..



..Money money Money

..it’s a rich man world!!!!!

This must have the quietest Christmas ever....for the first time in as many years I have no invitation to a party...dinner......luncheon.......from friends and relatives because they are not celebrating due to financial difficulties.

I looked around me ...the neighbourhood.....the streets.......I can hardly see any decorations....Christmas trees...........people are just not celebrating......even the midnight Mass saw less people judging from the cars park along the road soulders......

There weren’t any sounds of gaiety ....crackers....christmas caroling...........save a few songs here and there from the television...

...most restaurants were not doing well .......no reservation is needed......less clientele even if there is ...they went for the less expensive.....mainly very tight fisted.

Where is faith ...is it so shallow.......it is all about money.....is it!

.........I remembered the good times...when they sang praises.......when they wept with joy .....of their love for God.....when they hug one another in the name of brotherhood.........sisterhood.......of.....their Paradise......

...I remembered also their devotion.....their love...their sigh...their incoherent sound of praises.....chit...cit...ha....

....... and then money ran out........... All is quiet .......this Silent Night.

...the Economic crunch got the better....God is feeling the pinch too!


...........and in another word.....“who is God to these people...God or money.”


I read once, How the Government expects the people to be loyal when they have no money to buy flags.........in another words....do not expect the citizen to be loyal when their stomachs are empty.......the same holds true for the so called “Reborn...”

I am a Chinese....then a Buddhist.......I made no pretense....I am not Holier than thou type........Money makes the whole go round...that’s the fact...

Like most Chinese....money is our Religion.....to most, Money is everything...to some, Money is the only thing....... and ...we strive for it.......we pray for it ...we pray to it..
Worshipping money unashamedly .....It’s OUR GOD!.......FULL STOP.

...to a Chinaman....”No Money, No Honey”...that simple.


I differ from the norm.....and deviate a little from the stereotyped Chinese...to me ....“Money means Financial Independent”....so that I do not have to worry about all the earthy things associated with money......it means Freedom of the heart and soul..... to be able to concentrate on doing social work......to meet peoples....to help people....
...to serve Humanity in my own capacity.

..and in another word.......Money makes me HUMAN....(so to speak).

( which holds true...look around you...Bill Gates and the like..)


I end this with a note of wisdom (perhaps, love) ....

...“When poverty knocks on the door, love flies through the window.”


Happy New Year to you all...let the coming year be a productive one for you and me.

Love......Robert.



......some of the Children I met....it touches my heart a lot to see brotherly and sisterly love.....their parents are hawker, selling fried fritters down the road.

No comments: