Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Mecca of Sleep.

A couple of months ago ..I took a nap in this sleeping den…nobody was around…I had the best rest ever….the soothing rolling sounds of the wave provided the lullaby and with the gentle sea breeze blowing….rest came easy.

Yesterday, I was at the Mecca of sleep….I just had to show and tell you all.

The Den was occupied and I sneaked up quietly to make this video clip…treading carefully so as not to announce myself…for they might not take it too kindly if they knew what I was doing..(Taboo: photograph while asleep is stealing the soul away).

I focused away and on the flags when they became suspicious….and not wanting to push luck too far…..I walked away…..or I might have a horde of angry men wielding machetes coming after me…( just exaggerating…they are simple nice civilize village folks…the worst is that I get scolded).

Incidentally, it reminded me of a situation many many years ago…in a small outpost of a nation at civil war…fame for it’s cannibalism and shrunken skulls………I was chased by mobs armed with machetes and sticks.. They thought that I was a government personnel. I barely escape but was slashed on the right side of the abdomen……ran into a church…staple up the wound with a stapler and waited.

The soldiers arrived… and…pop!!!….pop!!!…pop….pop!!!!..

No comments: