Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I know how to be a millionaire.

Years ago, I was at a mamak shop ( local slang for coffee shop ) having my breakfast .................sitting next to my
table was a young upstart with his girlfriend. On the table, there were a few books; self-help books ..most likely, and
in his hand he was holding and reading " Think like a millionaire "..............and this was what I saw that morning.......
............and heard.... .. .. .........

He put the book down and started lecturing his girlfriend......about wealth.........his talents ...abilities....skills......his predictions..
....forecasts.........all with the air and style of a millionaire.

This person wore a white long-sleeves shirt with the top two unbutton exposing his hairy chest, ......adorning his neck
is a thick gold necklace, the thickness of a bicycle chain hanging a solid gold penchant with the circumference of a golf ball.
On his hand, he had a bracelet the thickness of a motorcycle chain and a gold ring with a ruby stone the size of a quail egg....
................he has a gold watch.

The overpowering fruity scent ( poison......I suspect ) reminded me of a toilet of a hotel. ....Suddenly,......he snapped at the waiter with......such pomposity.......such style ..ordering something and at the same time admonishing him in his native tongue....
....the way the Maharajas would to his servants.........perhaps complaining ........demanding...of the services.

I have had enough....paid up my two dollars worth of breakfast .....went to another mamak shop down the road to have my
two dollars breakfast.

Later.......on my way to work....I saw this same character waiting at the bus station......ram rod straight back.... full of confident.
Did he became a millionaire ? I doubted so......because with all those fineries and styles adorning him.......he will not ...may not...
want to roll up his sleeves, so to speak , to do hard honest work the hard way.............the basic ingredient required of a millionaire
for a start ....at least.

He thinks like a millionaire.....act like one..........dressed as one........and worst...thought he is one.........and whether or not
..he sure smells like a public toilet.

Now I know !!!!~...........how to be a millionaire which is to write a book on "How to be a Billionaire ".....but first.......I must get
started......but only after I have sold my car to finance.........a style befitting of a millionaire so that I can think like a millionaire.......... ..
..maybe that was what he did.

No comments: