Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's song. The Poetry

.......to all mothers on this very special occasion.

The gift we bought..
...............for the services rendered.
The sweet words of endearment..
...............for the mothering tendered.

We never ever heard..
our mother sings..........
If you don't know me by now....

We love our children..
....told their mother the same.
but...for the mothering showered.

She hums...If you don't know me by now......

Ma, now I understands
that.. in the silence you cried..
...........If you don't know me by now.....

that's what kept you going..
that's what kept us strong.

My wife.......in the silence you shout..
..........If you don't know me by now....
I never knew you..........that's true..

All mother ever want is..that we knew..
Today, in that silence..we finally heard.

For all those years that I didn't....
Ma, I am so very sorry.

Mother, the world over.....
.....we finally heard the song you sung..
time immemorial.....
If you don't know me by now....




Inspired by my wife, Sammantha.

Robert Lau

No comments: